- Learning Lab Construction Completed and Students Now Being ServedThe new Learning Lab building at the Lindsley Park campus is complete and services are now beginning in special education, dyslexia and reading and math interventions.
- The 2013 Newsletter is Out. Are YOU in it?Everyone loves seeing the photos in the newsletter. And why not? We have such amazing children, staff, parents and volunteers to photograph!
- 35 Years and Still Growing!Can you believe EDCS has been around since 1978? This year marks our 35th anniversary.
- The DALLAS CITYSCAPE Summer Exhibit Was a Success!With 6,299 patrons visiting the exhibit and more than $63,000 raised through sponsorships and donations solely benefiting East Dallas Community Schools (EDCS), it's fair to say this exhibit was a success.
- 2013 NewsletterThe 2013 Newsletter is out! View it here.
- Infographic: The Meaning Behind the EDCS LogoView an infographic that explains the different elements of the EDCS logo.
- East Dallas Campus Gets a New PlaygroundVolunteers help construct new playground at East Dallas campus
- Dr. Steve Hughes Talks Montessori and EDCS on NPR's 'Think'Steve Hughes appeared on NPR's 'Think,' where he discussed School 2.0, as well as East Dallas Community Schools, in depth.
- Bachman Lake held as model institution for international educatorsBLCS is being hailed as a model institution for providing parent education and early literacy training to poverty level families.
WELCOME TO EAST DALLAS COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
Since 1978 the purpose of East Dallas Community Schools (EDCS) has been to transform the way children are educated during the early childhood years.
To provide an outstanding education to children from diverse backgrounds by starting young and involving parents