EDCS serves almost 500 children and their parents annually across three campuses. Our campuses are located in deep East Dallas, an area ranging from Fair Park to Woodrow Wilson High School on Glasgow Avenue and in Bachman Lake. Both neighborhoods are primarily Hispanic with high concentrations of poverty.
Almost half of our students do not speak English when they enroll at our schools and the majority (over 60%) of EDCS students come from poverty-level families.
KEYS TO EDCS SUCCESS
- We start young to take advantage of the windows of opportunity in a child’s early brain development.
- We involve parents as partners in their child’s education.
- We expect excellence from each child.
- We teach values; children learn the importance of being kind, loving, and respectful.
- We encourage initiative so children learn how to be responsible for their own learning.
- We create a small, supportive school community, where people know each other and help students build on their strengths.