- In a neighborhood where less than half of entering freshmen graduate from high school, 95% of EDCS graduates earn their diplomas, with 89% of those graduates attending college.
- For the sixth year in a row, the State of Texas has awarded East Dallas Community Schools (EDCS) a Gold Performance acknowledgment for commended student achievement in reading.
- In 2011 EDCS earned the nationally prestigious 2011 Educational Achievement Award from the American Psychoanalytic Association for its system-wide support of children’s emotional well being.
- For four out of the past five years, EDCS was rated “Exemplary” or “Recognized” by the state of Texas.
- Compared to Texas public schools, EDCS educates a higher percent of children from low-income families and children whose native language is not English. In spite of these challenges, EDCS students
- Perform better on the state reading test*,
- Have a higher high school graduation rate*, and
- Have a higher enrollment-in-college rate than the state average**
*Source: State of Texas AEIS reports for 2010-2011 under “Dallas Community Charter School”
**Source: The National Center for Higher Education Management Systems at www.higheredinfo.org