Compared to Texas public schools, EDCS educates a higher percent of children from low-income families and children whose native language is not English. In spite of these challenges, EDCS students:
- Perform better on the state reading test,
- Have a higher high school graduation rate, and
- Have a higher enrollment-in-college rate than the state average
- In 2011 EDCS earned the national Educational Achievement Award from the APA for our support of children’s emotional well-being.
- In 2013, EDCS was nationally recognized as one of four ‘Exemplars’ by the Montessori Leadership Collaborative.
- For six out of the past seven years, EDCS was rated “Exemplary” or “Recognized” by the State of Texas.
Results are qualified using various sources including: AEIS Reports, AYP Guide, Texashighereducationdata.org, Bureau of Labor Statistics.